Course Description: This 2-hour online course meets the educational requirement to become a Notary Public in the State of Colorado. Upon completion of the course, the student will receive a Proof of Completion certificate to submit with the completed State of Colorado Notary Public application.
Course Format: This course, which consists of 8 learning units, is designed to be completed "at your own pace". Once you enroll, you can complete the course at your schedule, from any location, from any computer, day or night.
Course Learning Objectives: The course will cover the laws, regulations and requirements addressed both on the Colorado Notary Public open-book examination and in actual Notary practice.
Learning Methodology: Course learning material consists of a blend of text, visuals, learning activities, and knowledge checks to ensure that learning is engaging and reinforced every step of the way.
Course Assessment: A series of short assessments reinforces the material covered in each unit. The goal of the assessments is to both reinforce the knowledge the student will need as a Colorado Notary Public, as well as prepare the student for the range of concepts and terms covered on the open-book Notary Public examination.
Technical Requirements: High-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable modem) and a recent version of one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer; Firefox; Chrome; or Safari. This course will work on iPads, tablets and most mobile devices.
Course Completion: The student has 60 days to complete the course. ProCert Training, LLC, is approved by the Colorado Secretary of State (vendor #2011-0012) to issue a proof of course completion certificate.
1) Register and complete our 2-hour course.
2) Download, save and print out your Certificate of Proof of Completion.
3) Register to take the Colorado Notary Public Exam
4) Take and Pass the 25-minute online open-book Notary Public Exam.
5) Create your Notary application online at the Colorado Secretary of State website.
6) Submit your Notary training certificate, Notary exam certificate, signed and notarized application form, and copy of acceptable ID.
8) Wait for notification by e-mail, log on to the Colorado Secretary of State and print out your official certificate.
9) Show the certificate to an office supplier to obtain a compliant seal or stamp.
Approved by Colorado Secretary of State
Course Cost: $24.00